HOW TO SETUP PPP CONNECTION TO 3net.
Setting up an icon for 3net:
1. Double click My computer icon.
2. Double click Dial-up Networking.
3. Double click Make New Connection
4. Change ‘My Connection’ to ‘3net’
(or whatever you like)
5. Select your modem (this should have been setup during
the Windows 95 installation)
6. Click Next button then enter 3net’s dial-in number:
7. Click Next button
8. Click Finish button and a new icon called ‘3net’
will be created.
Configuring 3net Properties
1. Right mouse click the new 3net icon and select Properties,
then click Configure button beneath ‘your modem brand
& model' box.
2. Make sure 'The Maximum Speed' box contains the right speed
for your installed modem, eg.57600 for 56K modem. Ensure that
‘Only connect at this speed’ is greyed out or
3. Click Connection tab and ensure that Data bits = 8, Parity
= None, Stop bits = 1. In the Call preferences dialog box
check that ‘Disconnect a call if idle...’ is on
or off depending on what your needs are. (This may cause false
‘dropped carriers’ if you forget that you have
this checked on)
4. Click OK
5. Click Server Type tab, make sure that you have ticked
‘Log on to network’ and ‘Enable sofware
compression’ but unticked ‘Require encrypted password’.
Ensure that ‘NetBEUI’ and ‘IPX/SPX Compatible’
are unticked, but 'TCP/IP' is ticked as shown below: